Airport of the Year is Portuguese
At the 2019 Air Transport Awards Ceremony in Greece, Humberto Delgado Airport in Lisbon was awarded the Airport of the Year Award, awarded by Air Transport News in partnership with the Hermes Air Transport Organization.
In a statement, the CEO of ANA Aeroportos de Portugal stressed the importance of the distinction for both the airport and Lisbon and highlighted the importance of the staff in awarding the prize.
Thierry Ligonnière said: “It is a great honour for the Lisbon airport to receive this distinction. Lisbon is an extraordinary city that has grown exponentially in recent years, and the airport has met the expectations of airlines and passengers, facing positively the enormous challenges of rapid growth. I want to emphasize the commitment of the Lisbon Airport team, which dedicates itself daily and with excellence, so this award means a lot for the recognition of the effort of this team and also for the other teams of ANA Aeroportos de Portugal – VINCI Airports. ”
The jury is composed of Henrik Hololei, President of the Jury and Director General of Mobility and Transport, European Commission, Robert Deillon, Vice President, Hermes – Air Transport Organization and Charles Schlumberger, Lead Air Transport, World Bank.
Air Transport Awards 2019 also awarded other categories:
- ATN Individual Award: Mario Nemeth, General Manager, Civil Aviation of Slovakia
- ATN Corporate Award: Goldair Handling
- ATN International Organization Award: ACI
- Manufacturer of the Year: Airbus
- Airport of the Year: Lisbon Airport
- Airline Alliance of the Year: Star Alliance
- Airline of the Year: Wizz Air
- Hermes Award: Eamonn Brennan, Managing Director, EUROCONTROL
- “Katerina & George Iatrou” Lifetime Achievement Award: Jeff Shane
- Leader of the Year: Dr Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu, President of the ICAO Council- Lifetime Achievement Award “Katerina & George Iatrou”: Jeff Shane