On June 20, at 9:30 pm, 21 Portuguese artists and 21 Municipal Theaters celebrate the Return to the Future. Tickets have a single price of 10 euros and have been on sale since 9 June.
The “Regresso ao Futuro” festival rescues Municipal Theaters from the silence and distance that Covid-19 voted for them and reaffirms its decisive vocation for the sustainability of culture in Portugal, its important contribution to artistic circulation, acting as a catalyst for hope, resilience and trust for the public, always within the health rules in force.
At the same time, it is also a solidarity event that unites and mobilizes the Municipal Theaters, the artists, the technical teams, the organization of Sons em Transit and the public in a common front that culminates in the delivery of ticket receipts to the Solidarity Fund for Culture, created by Audiogest (an association representing music producers) and GDA (Management of the Rights of Artists), aimed at all professionals in the arts sectors.
The purpose of this fund is to provide financial support, up to the limit of availability, professionals (including independent professionals and workers) from the cultural sector, who are grappling with an unprecedented crisis.
It is a joint emergency aid that will seek to give priority to those who have the greatest economic needs. Under certain conditions, some companies in the sector may be supported, always with the objective and condition of maintaining jobs.
The public is also invited to take non-perishable food for delivery to the Theaters, which will be collected and distributed by União Audiovisual from professionals in the arts sectors who are in a situation of greater food vulnerability.
This is the complete list of the concerts that take place on June 20th, at 21.30:
- Albergaria-a Velha – Cineteatro Alba > Bárbara Tinoco
- Almada – Joaquim Benite Theater > Clãn
- Aveiro – Aveirense Theater > The Black Mamba
- Bragança – Municipal Theater > Carolina Deslandes
- Caminha – Theater of Valadares > Miguel Araújo
- Cascais – Palmela Park > Camané
- Castelo Branco – Cine-Teatro Avenida > Tiago Bettencourt
- Estarreja – Cine-Teatro de Estarreja > Fernando Daniel
- Fafe – Fafe Cinema Theater > Gisela João
- Faro – Teatro das Figuras > Diogo Piçarra
- Figueira da Foz – Arts and Entertainment Center > Aurea
- Leiria – José Lúcio da Silva Theater > Agir
- Lisbon – São Jorge Cinema > Samuel Úria
- Lisbon – São Luiz Municipal Theater > Rita Redshoes
- Loulé – Cineteatro Louletano > The Gift
- Matosinhos – Cine-Teatro Constantino Nery > Tiago Nacarato
- Oliveira do Bairro – Arts Quarter > Ana Moura
- Ovar – Ovar Art Center > Pedro Abrunhosa
- Santarém – Sá da Bandeira Theater > Salvador Sobral
- Setúbal – Luísa Todi Municipal Forum > D.A.M.A
- Torres Novas – Virgínia Theater > António Zambujo