Caramelized Peach Cake
- 3 peaches
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Wash the peaches, cut them into halves and remove the seed.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until the sugar caramelize (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the peaches cut into halves.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy dough. Add the yogurt and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cramelized pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.