For the cake:
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- Zest of one orange
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
For the cream:
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) strong coffee
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) butter
- 150 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and mix with a fork until obtain a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate, the milk and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven, unmold the cake onto a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- For the cream:
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, the butter and the coffee until a homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar and beat until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Spread with a spatula the cream over the cake, garnish with cinnamon powder and serve the cake preferably cold (store the cake in the fridge).