Recipes | Cinnamon and strawberry cake
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (24 x 10 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 1/2 x 4-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stem. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the cinnamon and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Finally, add the strawberry pieces and fold with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.