With an eye on the future of Economics and Management, ISEG – Lisbon School of Economics & Management has just announced the composition of its International Advisory Council, a group of professionals from the most diverse nationalities and areas of expertise, including figures as charismatic as the CEO of Walmart China, Wern-Yuen Tan, the distinguished professor and former Dean of the Business School at Oxford University, Colin Mayer, or the executive vice president of Rock in Rio, Roberta Medina.
“A large school like ISEG has a duty to lead the change that organizations need to better deal with the challenges of a globalized and deeply connected economy, subject to unprecedented crises, as we know today. The establishment of this International Council is an important step in affirming our non-conformist and “open minded” attitude, from those who like to think about new solutions. Having the support and advice of a group as experienced, dynamic and heterogeneous as this IAC makes us stronger and more competitive. The future, for sure, will not pass us by! ”, Says Clara Raposo, President of ISEG.
The International Council of ISEG also has distinguished figures such as Anne Giviskos, Chief Risk & Compliance Officer of Euronext based in Paris, Anne Hansen da Câmara, executive director of the Estoril Circuit, Eugenia Bieto, the former Dean of the renowned Spanish business school ESADE, Joanne Li, professor and Dean at Florida International University College of Business, and William Kistler, the American architect who chairs the Urban Land Institute.
Gilberto Jordan, CEO of André Jordan Group and a former student at ISEG, is the Chairman of this Council, on which he states: “I thank ISEG, my school, for the confidence placed in me when making the invitation to chair the International Advisory Council. . As a century-old institution that has faced several crises in the past, its mission – to educate, evaluate and predict future results, based on both theoretical and practical development – has once again become fundamental. The future and the current generation of managers, economists, thinkers and leaders will certainly benefit from an ISEG in contact with the world and at the forefront of thinking. The very distinguished group of personalities that we have gathered so far to join the board will certainly help in the process. ”
- Anne Hansen da Câmara (Executive Member of the Board of Directors of Circuito of Estoril)
- Anne Giviskos (Chief Risk and Compliance Officer at Euronext in Paris)
- Colin Mayer CBE FBA (Professor of Management Studies at the Said Business School of the University of Oxford)
- Eugenia Bieto (Professor and the first female director of ESADE)
- Gilberto Jordan (Chairman of ISEG’s IAC. CEO of the Andre Jordan Group and an ISEG-alumnus)
- Joanne Li, CFA (Dean, Professor of Finance and Ryder Eminent Scholar Chair at the Florida International University College of Business)
- Roberta Medina (Businesswoman and events producer. President of Dream Factory and vice-president of Better World, the company associated with Rock in Rio. Partner of the Portuguese event Biggest Christmas Tree in Europe)
- Wern-Yuen Tan (President and chief executive officer of Walmart China, serves on the board of directors of the Walmart Foundation. Member of Walmart’s Global Inclusion Council. In China, is a vice chairman of both the China Chain Store & Franchise Association (CCFA ) and the China General Chamber of Commerce (CGCC))
- William Kistler (first president of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) in Europe and then lead EMEA executive for International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)).