The Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e do Porto, IP (IVDP) presents this Wednesday the projects developed at Hackathon Douro & Porto, a collaborative marathon in which it was proposed to provide answers to 10 challenges set by the main stakeholders of the Douro Demarcated Region (RDD):
- Communication network;
- Monitoring of the territory;
- Awareness of sustainability;
- Mechanization in the vineyard;
- Intergenerational knowledge transfer;
- Potentiation of wine tourism;
- Awareness of environmental changes;
- Sustainable wine communication;
- Innovation in marketing and communication;
- Personalization of the consumer experience;
Hackathon is an initiative aimed at developing tangible and innovative solutions, and promoting the consolidation of collaborative practices between institutions, industry associations, RDD municipalities, Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia and universities in the region, in which they encourage entrepreneurship and contribute to the generation of knowledge.
The program had teams led by researchers with recognized experience in the areas of technical and scientific knowledge, to develop technological solutions with a large potential impact on RDD.
- 27 face-to-face visits;
- 19 questionnaires;
- 4 discussion groups;
- 6 individual interviews;
- 10 challenges, 10 solutions, 10 teams;
- 46 researchers;
The project presentation event takes place at 18:00, in livestream, on IVDP’s social networks.