- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) softened margarine
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon Port wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, margarine and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the eggs, the Port wine and mix for 4 t 5 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts beat the chocolate powder for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. In the cake pan, pour the dough alternately with a spoon, one with chocolate and the other with the remaining cream and so on until finish the dough.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.