National Scientists Day celebrated in Ponta Delgada
Today, the commemorations of the National Scientists’ Day are taking place this year in Ponta Delgada, with conferences and a Science Festival.
Festival of Science, organized by Expolab – Centro Ciência Viva, with the collaboration of the Azores Science Centers, with various activities for the schools, observations of the sun, demonstrations on the deep sea and the launch of mini-rockets.
The Micaelense Theater receives the annual cycle of conferences “Paths of Knowledge, the legacy José Mariano Gago”, will have the following interventions:
- Science and development: On the route of Fernão Magalhães;
- Knowledge of the Atlantic: From the deep sea to the observation of the ocean;
- Knowledge of Space.
The speakers are:
- Onésimo Teotónio de Almeida, professor at Brown University;
- Joaquim Hernandez-Brito, director of the Air Center;
- Chiara Manfletti, director of the Portuguese Space Agency;
- among other scientists.
A protocol of collaboration between the Regional Secretariat for the Sea, Science and Technology and Living Science will be signed.