The 37th edition of the Almada Festival is over, and the public voted for what will be the 2021 Honor Show: “Rebota rebota y en tu cara explota”, a creation of Agnés Mateus and Quim Tarrida, coming from Barcelona.
The Carlos Porto International Journalism Awards were also presented, regarding articles published in the written press on last year’s edition.
The Carlos Porto 2019 International Journalism Award won by the Almada City Council:
Carlos Porto Grand Prix
- Manuel Sesma Sanz – Texts, pretexts and corpolarity – Primer Act – November 2019
Carlos Porto Award – Specialized Press
- Dana Rufolo – Dana Rufolo in Portugal at the Festival of Almada – Plays International & Europe – October 2019
Carlos Porto Award – Generalist Press
- Joaquim Paulo Nogueira – Bertolt Brecht x 2 in Almada: from the comedy about the bourgeoisie to the tragedy of Nazism in Europe – Rua de Baixo – July 2019
In view of the great quality of the texts presented, the jury also decided to award three honorable mentions:
- Raul Losánez – Almada: a successful festival that “passes” on culturetas – La Razón – July 2019
- Afonso Becerra – Isabelle Huppert and Robert Wilson en el hechizo Mary said what she said – Artezblai – July 2019
- Gonçalo Frota – During the Almada Festival, the days have the duration of three pieces – Público – July 2019