Recipes | Peach pie
For the pastry:
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) cold water
For the filling:
- 4 medium peaches
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- For the pastry:
Mix the flour, the sugar and the margarine cut into cubes in a food processor until a fine powder.Put the mixture in a bowl and pour the water.Knead with your hands until obtain a compact mixture.
- Put the pastry over a table and mold it in a square shape. Wrap the pastry in cling filmand refrigerate for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and place it on a table over tracing paper. Roll out the pastry with a rolling pin (sprinkle the rolling pin with a little flour).Line a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry (along with the tracing paper) and prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- For the filling:
Wash, peel and cut the peaches into slices. Put them in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to not oxidize. Add the brown sugar and the liquid carameland mix everything well with a spoon.Fill the pie with this mixtureand bake about 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove the pie from the oven, unmold onto a plate and serve preferably cold. Store the pie in the fridge.