- 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds) stale bread cut into pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) water
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped garlic in a frying pan and saute over low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bread, season with a little salt and pepper and mix well. Then, pour the boiling water gradually and stir until the bread start to break down slightly. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, stir, add the eggs one by one and poach them about 7 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Season the eggs with a little pepper and serve.