cinemacultureworld

Venice Film Festival confirmed for September

The Cannes Film Festival, the world's largest, was forced to postpone its latest edition in May due to the virus epidemic.

Organized by the Venice Biennale company, the Italian city’s film festival is the oldest in the world. In January, it was announced that Cate Blanchett would run his 77th edition.

The governor of Italy’s Veneto region, Luca Zaia, said today that the Venice Film Festival will go ahead as scheduled in September. Dates are September 2-12 for the Lido event which would mark the first major film industry gathering not recently postponed or canceled amid the coronavirus pandemic. There has been no official word from the festival itself, though Italy earlier this month set out plans for the easing of its restrictions on travel and businesses including cinemas.

Due to the disruption of the film industry worldwide to limit the spread of the virus, the festival is likely to have fewer productions, said Zaia, who is also a member of the Venice Biennale board.

 

Show More

Related Articles

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de email não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios marcados com *

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!