Produced at the end of last year, the short film by VidaMar Resort Hotel Algarve, “You Only Love Once”, has already won eight awards in the international tourism film market, being nominated for one of the most prestigious awards of the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals (CIFFT) – Best Film in the World of Tourism.
Filmed at the resort and in the magnificent landscape of Praia dos Salgados, “You Only Love Once” portrays the whole environment of serenity, hospitality, romance and dream that lives at the VidaMar Resort Hotel Algarve. With this production, the Administration of VidaMar Hotels & Resorts intends to pay homage to the beautiful life stories of each guest who has passed through the hotel, the good memories and the desire to want to return.
Focusing on a love story, longing and the strength of destiny, the film brings together happy memories of a couple’s past, lived in the comfort and well-being scenario of VidaMar Resort Hotel Algarve. With its premiere scheduled for December on digital channels, the short film is part of the integrated communication and marketing strategy of the VidaMar Hotels & Resorts brand.
Since February and to the present date, the short film, produced by Lobby Films & Advertising and directed by Telmo Martins, has won the following awards:
- Japan World’s Tourism Film Festival (Japan): BRONZE in the tourism and services category.
- Terres Festival (Spain): GOLD in the category of tourism and services.
New York Festivals TV & Film Awards (USA): BRONZE in the tourism category.
- International Tourism Film Festival (Turkey): GOLD in the category of tourism and services.
- The Golden City Gate – Tourism Multimedia Award (Germany): BRONZE in the international hotel category.
- Silafest’20 – International Festival of Tourism and Environmental Film (Serbia): GOLD, in the category of tourism and services in hotels and resorts.
- Filmat (Poland) – 1st prize in the category of tourism and services.
Art & Tur International Tourism Film Festival (Portugal) – 1st Prize in the Hotels and Resorts category.
The VidaMar Algarve film is also in competition at:
- Amorgos Tourism Film Festival (Greece), category of tourism and services, whose winners will be announced from 10 to 15 November.
- Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards (France), in the category of corporate videos and films in the tourism area, with the winners revealed at the end of this month.